- About Us
- The Company
- The Management TeamBen Diachun
President Cory Bird
Executive Vice President/Chief Technology Officer Bob Withrow
Vice President/Engineering Luke Goossen
Vice President/Manufacturing Operations Peter Siebold
Vice President/Flight Operations Patti Bird
Vice President/Business Operations Jason Kelley
Vice President/Manufacturing Support Trish Mills
Vice President/Shared Services Mark Taylor
Vice President/Chief Financial Officer
- Burt Rutan
- Scaled Overview Video
- MODEL 97: Microlight Model 97 is a two-place, side-by-side airplane of the 300 lb empty weight class. It has a slightly swept-back canard forward and swept back wings with winglets at the tips.
- MODEL 115: Starship A subscale version of an eleven-place, twin turboprop, high-performance business aircraft developed for Beech Aircraft Corporation.
- MODEL 133: ATTT The Model 133-4.62 ATTT proof-of-concept demonstrator is a 62% scaled version of an airplane designed to challenging STOL and long range requirements.
- MODEL 143: Triumph The all-composite Triumph, an 8,500 lb, pressurized 8-place business aircraft, was designed around the brand-new, never flown, Williams FJ-44 turbofan engine.
- MODEL H1, H2: Stars & Stripes Scaled did the structural design, tooling, fabrication, and static testing of an 85 ft span and a 108 ft span rigid sail/airfoil for the America’s Cup Challenge Race.
- MODEL 151: ARES The ARES, Scaled Model 151, was designed initially in response to a U.S. Army request for a Low Cost Battlefield Attack Aircraft (LCBAA).
- General Motors Ultralite Show Car The Advanced Engineering Staff of General Motors designed a technology demonstration vehicle called the Ultralite, an automobile with interior room capable of seating four full size adults, and with excellent visibility, handling, performance, emissions and fuel consumption.
- MODEL 226: Raptor The Raptor Demonstrator high-altitude, long endurance, unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) program was conducted under a contract from Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory to Scaled Composites, LLC.
- MODEL 247: VisionAire Vantage In early 1993, Jim Rice and Tom Stark of the fledgling VisionAire Corporation visited Scaled with conceptual designs for a new single-engine business jet.
- MODEL 271: V-Jet II Walled Lake, Michigan, June 23, 1997 -- Williams International today announced that its all-composite, turbofan- powered "V-JET II" light aircraft is on schedule for its July 31 fly-in and follow-on demonstration flights and exhibition at the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) convention at Oshkosh, July 30 to August 5, 1997.
- MODEL 281: Proteus Proteus is a twin-turbofan, high-altitude, multi-mission aircraft powered by Williams International FJ44-2E engines.
- MODEL 309: Adam M-309 The Model 309 is a proof-of-concept aircraft built for Adam Aircraft Industries.
- MODEL 311: Virgin Atlantic GlobalFlyer The GlobalFlyer is a single seat, turbofan powered airplane designed to fly around the world nonstop, unrefueled, with a solo pilot.
- MODEL 316: SpaceShipOne SpaceShipOne, the first private manned spacecraft, is a three-place, high-altitude research rocket.
- MODEL 318: White Knight White Knight is a three-place, high-altitude, flexible and capable research aircraft.
- MODEL 326: Northrop Grumman X-47A The Model 326 aircraft (or Pegasus X-47A) is an unmanned aerial vehicle built for Northrop Grumman.
- MODEL 339: SpaceShipTwo SpaceShipTwo will be powered by a unique hybrid rocket motor, which is currently under development.
- MODEL 348: WhiteKnightTwo WhiteKnightTwo, or Eve, is the mothership and launch platform for SpaceShipTwo.
- MODEL 355: Firebird Firebird is an optionally-piloted intelligence-gathering aircraft system.
- MODEL 367: BiPod BiPod is a hybrid gasoline-electric roadable aircraft.
- MODEL 351: Stratolaunch Stratolaunch is a mobile launch system with three primary components.